Senior Ethics Forum
The Langley High School Senior Ethics Forum will be held on Tuesday, March 13, 2018 at the Conference Center at McLean Bible Church in Vienna. This is an annual event challenging our seniors to engage in ethical decision making and it has been remarkably successful.
Students will spend the day working through ethical dilemmas on topics including campus ethics, driving while intoxicated, and ethical issues involved when making decisions for others in a national, community, and individual context. The day begins with students gathering in the Auditorium at 8:10 a.m. Students will be bused to MBC where they will work in small groups paired with an adult volunteer who helps facilitate the conversations during each session.
• This program is required of all seniors.
• All seniors not in attendance will forfeit their participation in Langley Leap.
• Students will be working with community members and are expected to be appropriately dressed in business attire (pants with dress shirt & tie, or slacks/knee-length skirt with blouse or a dress).
• Lunch will be provided for all students.
• Students will be returned to Langley at the end of the school day in order for after school activities.
When your student returns home from the forum, I encourage you to ask them about their day. It could provide an excellent opportunity to discuss important issues they may face in their next phase of life and allow them to further debate and articulate their decision-making process. Our annual Ethics Day Program is made possible by the LHS Senior Class, the PTSA, and MBC and I would like to thank the many volunteers who work so hard to make this day a success.