PSAT/NMSQT (10th & 11th Grade Only) - Early Dismissal @ 12:55 p.m.
PSAT Day - General Information
- The PSAT will be administered to 10th and 11th grade students on Wednesday, October 16th.
- No registration is required. The PSAT is *free* for all 10th and 11th grade FCPS students.
- PSAT day is an early release day for students (12:55).
- PSAT practice materials can be found online at www.collegeboard.org. 10th and 11th grade students have already received a “PSAT Student Guide + Practice Test” via their English classes.
- PSAT testing locations will be posted on Google Classroom sites on October 9. Students with accommodations will receive testing time and location information via their FCPS Gmail accounts on October 9.
- Students will need two #2 pencils (mechanical pencils not allowed) and an approved calculator…see Google Classroom sites for approved list.
- Please contact Ms. Dabroski (email@example.com) for PSAT/College Board accommodation requests.
- FCPS is no longer administering the PSAT 8/9. 9th grade students will participate in a high school transition program on October 16th.
At the beginning of the PSAT, students are presented with a voluntary pre-survey that asks questions about a variety of topics. Parents have the opportunity to preview this survey, and to opt out, if they choose to do so. Parents/guardians may view the pre-survey questions and access further information about the opt-out process via the “PSAT Pre-Survey Opt-Out Policy” public webpage at: https://www.fcps.edu/node/36639. Pre-survey opt-out forms must be returned to Janice Dabroski, Assessment Coach, Langley High School by COB Friday, September 27, 2019. If you choose to opt your student out of the pre-survey, please be sure your student knows they should not answer the pre-survey questions at the beginning of the test.
PSAT Day Opportunities for Seniors
On October 16th, LHS will host for 12th grade students, “College Essay Writing” assistance with English 12 teachers in Rooms 2425, 2427, 2627 and 2628 from 8:30-11:30 on a first come, first served basis.