Class of 2021
Langley High School Class of 2021 Graduation
Wednesday, June 2, 2021
The ceremony begins at 4:00 p.m.
Jiffy Lube Live, 7800 Cellar Door Dr., Bristow, VA
Tickets are REQUIRED
We are very excited to graduate the Langley Class of 2021 at the Jiffy Lube Live event venue. Graduation will be Wednesday, June 2, 2021, at 4:00 p.m., rain or shine.
For venue information including directions and a map, please check the Jiffy Lube Live website.
Continue reading here for details regarding the LHS Class of 2021 Graduation.
Graduates will receive 6 guest tickets (graduates do not need a ticket) at the 1st of 2 mandatory graduation rehearsals on May 27th (rain date: Friday, May 28). All guests must have a ticket to enter Jiffy Lube Live. On-site security will not permit guests without tickets to enter the venue.
Friends and family who are not able to attend will still be able to watch the ceremony, as we will be live streaming this year! The live streaming will be available here: https://livestream.com/accounts/28386681/events/9663152.
Participation in the commencement exercises is a privilege and as such comes with certain expectations. Among these expectations is the following:
- Seniors must have met all academic requirements for graduation.
- Seniors are required to settle all financial obligations including: class fees, parking fines, senior dues, FCPS equipment (including laptops) and other obligations. Payment can be made on www.myschoolbucks.com, go to the School Store and search for Outstanding Student Obligations. Obligations must be cleared before graduation tickets and caps/gowns are released to each student.
- Seniors must attend all Graduation Rehearsals, even if they have not been attending classes in person. Graduation Rehearsals are scheduled for Thursday, May 27th (Rain date: Friday, May 28th) and Tuesday, June 1st at 9:00 a.m.
- As a reminder, all participation is contingent on adherence to the Students Rights and Responsibilities (SR&R) and all school rules.
All graduates must attend both of our graduation rehearsals.
- REHEARSAL 1: Thursday, May 27th at 9:00 a.m. on the Langley Stadium Football Field : Graduation rehearsal should last about two hours. Seniors will be seated in rows set up to mimic Jiffy Lube Live seating. Graduation tickets will be distributed at this rehearsal.
- RAIN DATE: Friday, May 28th at 9:00 a.m.: This date/time will only be used if Thursday’s rehearsal is cancelled due to inclement weather.
- REHEARSAL 2: Tuesday, June 1st at 9:00 a.m. on the Langley Stadium Football Field: Second graduation rehearsal followed by the distribution of caps and gowns, as well as honor cords and medals. After the rehearsal, graduates will have a picnic. All events should wrap up around noon.
In keeping with the dignity of the ceremony, our dress code for the Graduation Ceremony is:
- Dress shirt with tie
- Khaki or dark slacks (no shorts)
- Dress shoes (no boots or sandals)
- No sneakers, flip-flops, or T-Shirts
- Dress or blouse with slacks under gown
- Dress shoes
- No sneakers, flip-flops, or T-shirts
The FCPS dress code is still enforced as this is a school event.
Caps, Gowns and any honor cords will be distributed at the graduation rehearsal on Tuesday, June 1. Please be aware that all financial obligations including parking fines, outstanding Senior Class Dues, etc. must be cleared in order for students to receive their cap and gown and Graduation tickets. Please check with Lisa Kimsey, @email if you have questions regarding obligations or need to schedule drop off of books and FCPS equipment.
Transportation for Graduates
Graduates must be at the Jiffy Lube Live staging area between 2:30 p.m. and 3:00 p.m. Graduates must be behind the arena stage by 3:00 p.m. Graduates may provide their own transportation or be dropped off. Graduates who drive themselves will park in the Parking Lot B. Reference the map above for graduate parking and drop-off locations. Please allow plenty of time for the trip given the construction on I-66.
Students will not be able to carry personal items into the venue. All items, including purses, must be left in vehicles, with friends or family, or at home. Graduates should proceed to the backstage area wearing appropriate regalia. Graduates will be required to pass through check-in and a safety screening before lining up; students are only permitted a key and ID. Please note, the walk from the parking lot to the staging area is a distance; students should be conscious of shoe choice.
There is plenty of parking at Jiffy Lube Live. Guests will be directed to a parking space in either Lot A or Lot C upon entering the venue (JLL staff will be alternating lots between school’s to minimize traffic disruption). Guests should arrive via the Bayou St. entrance and park accordingly. All guests will enter the venue via the Main Gate. The walk from the parking lots to the venue is significant; please plan on at least 15 minutes for this. Guest parking will be available starting at 2:30 p.m. but the venue will not open until 3:00 p.m.
Handicapped parking is located directly in front of the Main Gate. Guests in need can be dropped off at the Main Gate where golf carts will be available to chauffeur guests to their seats.
Everyone’s cooperation is needed to ensure a dignified ceremony. Each graduate deserves the same level of recognition and respect; therefore, caps and gowns must be free of messages, and students and their guests should not bring noisemakers, beach balls, balloons, or other objects that might diminish this very important event. If you choose to bring a cell phone, please turn it off during the ceremony. Jiffy Lube Live provides security for their events and will immediately escort any violators from the ceremony.
All participants must follow Virginia and Prince William County COVID guidelines. Each ticket holder will have to follow the seating arrangements mandated by the Jiffy Lube Live venue. Please follow all mask and spacing guidelines and work patiently with staff on hand to make the ceremony run as smoothly as possible.
Gates will open 1 hour in advance of the ceremony start time. Tickets are required and are free. The ceremony will last approximately 1 ½ hours. Guests are permitted to bring cell phones, water only (no food), and clutch purses. All guests will be required to pass through a metal detector and bags will be searched prior to entry. Bags larger than 12” x 6” x 12” will not be permitted. All bags larger than 4.5” x 6.5” must be clear.
In case of rain, the Commencement ceremony will be held as scheduled. All seating is located under the pavilion.
For students unable to attend the ceremony, please contact Betsy Shomaker at @email to arrange a time to pick up your diploma.
Graduates with last name [A-K] should meet their families on the lawn nearest A Lot (stage right); Graduates with last name [L-Z] should meet their families on the lawn nearest B Lot (stage left).
Live Streaming Info
Graduation will be live streamed at the link here: https://livestream.com/accounts/28386681/events/9663152
Lifetouch photographers will be at graduation to capture the special day. They will take photos of each graduate as they cross the stage to get their diploma, and once again immediately after they exit the stage to take a photo while holding their diploma. Within 7-10 days of the ceremony, each graduate will be contacted via email with a link to an online photo gallery to view and order pictures. Parent photographers must remain in their seats; the use of tripods is not permitted.
Families may order photographs at: https://events.lifetouch.com/tempHomepage.aspx?EventID=175650
Video of Ceremony
A professional videographer will record each graduate as he/she receives his/her diploma. Order information to purchase a DVD of the ceremony will be shared with graduates and their families in the beginning of June.
You may order a video recording of the graduation online or mail in the form using the link here: https://www.memoriesvideography.com/product/langley-high-school-graduation/
Information as of 20 May 2021:
We are looking forward to hosting your commencement ceremony at Jiffy Lube Live. We ask all those attending the ceremony familiarize themselves with the requirements and best practices below. While you may be familiar with the venue, our policies have changed to better fit the Fourth Amended Executive Order 72. Please refer any questions you may have to you school’s graduation coordinator.
- Masks are recommended for all guests who are not vaccinated or are immune compromised.
- Weapons are not allowed at Live Nation Entertainment Venues. This includes all off-duty Law Enforcement Officers.
- All persons entering the building are subject to search using walkthrough magnetometers, handheld magnetometers, and/or physical pat down search.
- All bags will be searched prior to entry. Bags larger than 12” x 6” x 12” will not be permitted. All bags larger than 4.5” x 6.5” must be clear. Camera bags will not be permitted.
- Food and Drink other than water will not be permitted or available during the event.
- Use of laser pointers, air horns, or other noise making devices is not permitted.
- No signage/posters of any kind will be allowed into the venue.
- Guests, Graduates, and Faculty will need to leave the premises promptly upon the completion of the ceremony.
Jiffy Lube Live 7800 Cellar Door Drive, Bristow, VA 20136 703-754-6400