Information designed to help students reach their educational and career goals.
Choosing courses wisely is an important step contributing to high school success. It is important for a student to challenge themselves while also considering the importance of academic and personal balance. Fairfax County Public Schools offers a wide range of courses. Meet with your school counselor and attend information sessions such as Curriculum Night to determine what is best to create your balance.
Rising 9th Graders Course Offerings
CURRENT STUDENTS COURSE OFFERINGS
Course Curriculum Presentations
Class of 2024 (Rising Freshman) Academic Advising
- While our course catalog is a great way to read about our courses, some of our electives have been able to create a short video for you to watch and hopefully get a better idea of what great times we have here at LHS!
R9 Elective Links (FlipGrid videos require a free account to view. Cooper MS students have this account access)
Advanced Placement Program at Langley
- The AP program is offered in English, social studies, math, science, foreign languages, and fine arts. AP courses are offered as open enrollment to all students committed to rigorous academic work. Students are expected to take the AP exam of the course in May upon completion of the curriculum.
Langley AP Program Information
- A high school academy is a center within an existing high school that offers advanced technical and specialized courses that successfully integrate career and academic preparation.
- Enrollments in the Academy elective course offerings will provide students with career and academic preparation for postsecondary education and/or career fields. Students enrolling in Academy elective courses will be provided with opportunities to participate in a variety of career experiences including shadowing, mentoring, and/or internships with local businesses.
Academies and Specialized Programs
High School Course Sequencing
- Course sequences can help students develop and manage their course plan during their high school years.