Information designed to help students reach their educational and career goals.
Choosing courses wisely is an important step contributing to high school success. It is important for a student to challenge themselves while also considering the importance of academic and personal balance. Fairfax County Public Schools offers a wide range of courses. Meet with your school counselor and attend information sessions such as Curriculum Night to determine what is best to create your balance.
Rising 9th Graders Course Offerings
CURRENT STUDENTS COURSE OFFERINGS
Course Selection Sheets
Please refer to these course selection sheets as you plan your next school year.
- Rising 9th Grade Course Selection Sheet
- Choose this if you are an 8th grader coming to Langley in fall 2021.
- Upperclassman Course Selection Sheet
- Choose this if you are a 9th, 10th, or 11th grader.
Directions for Entering Course Selection
See these directions to enter your course selection into SIS StudentVUE.
Academic Advising Presentations
See presentations explaining the academic advising and course selection process targeted to your grade level.
Course Curriculum Presentations
Class of 2025 (Rising Freshman) Academic Advising
Advanced Placement Program at Langley
- The AP program is offered in English, social studies, math, science, foreign languages, and fine arts. AP courses are offered as open enrollment to all students committed to rigorous academic work. Students are expected to take the AP exam of the course in May upon completion of the curriculum.
Langley AP Program Information
- A high school academy is a center within an existing high school that offers advanced technical and specialized courses that successfully integrate career and academic preparation.
- Enrollments in the Academy elective course offerings will provide students with career and academic preparation for postsecondary education and/or career fields. Students enrolling in Academy elective courses will be provided with opportunities to participate in a variety of career experiences including shadowing, mentoring, and/or internships with local businesses.
Academies and Specialized Programs
High School Course Sequencing
- Course sequences can help students develop and manage their course plan during their high school years.