Dual Enrollment Courses
Dual Enrollment courses can be taken as part of a student’s curriculum. Dual Enrollment courses allow students to earn both high school and college credit for courses taken (up to 6 college credits per class). Grades are weighted equally to AP courses at 1.0 weight to the GPA. The Dual Enrollment classes are taught by Langley teachers who are certified to teach the NOVA courses as well. They are taught as face to face classes at Langley High School and are scheduled as part of the students class schedule.
Dual Enrollment courses need to be scheduled within the student’s 7th period day.
This is a two-step process. Students must apply to NOVA as a student; must register for the class in the Dual Enrollment Portal, and parents must approve via the email link. Please see links below for detailed instructions. NOVA’s calendar regarding drops and withdrawals apply to these courses. Once a student has completed this registration process, we will place them in the Dual Enrollment course in SIS. Students who sign up for a DE course must attend one orientation session. Students will register for one orientation session and will receive the Zoom link.
Here are the orientation dates:
Coming January 2024
Course Offerings at Langley
- English 11 DE - NOVA’s Eng 111/112
- English 12 DE - NOVA’S Eng 111/112 (if a student has not yet taken a DE class in English)
- English 12 DE - NOVA’s Eng 255 (must have completed Eng 111/112)
- US/VA History DE - NOVA’s HIS 121/122
- Spanish 4 DE
- Geospatial DE - NOVA’s GIS 101
- Teach for Tomorrow DE
Dual Enrollment Resources
Student Registration Packet (Coming Jan 2024)
- Comprehensive registration packet for students that includes step by step directions to apply to NOVA and register for DE class(es) on DE portal